Rules and Etiquette
- Children must be 49” tall to swim independently in the shallow end.
- Children under 49” must be accompanied in the water by an adult 18 years of age or older that remains within arm’s reach of the child. Adults may only be responsible for two children.
- Swim trainers must be worn by children under 49” tall.
- Personal flotation devices are not permitted. If needed, training devices will be provided.
- Children under 13 years of age must be supervised in the facility at all times.
- Patrons that are not swimming must stay in the balcony seating area.
- Swimmers under 13 years of age must pass the deep end test to enter the deep end.
- Children age 6 and over must use the appropriate gender locker room.
- Infants and toddlers who are still in diapers MUST wear either a "swim diaper" or plastic pants with elastic around the waist and legs.
- Showers are to be taken before entering the pool.
- Persons with open sores or rashes are not permitted in the pool.
- Glass containers are not permitted in the facility.
- Pets are not allowed in the facility (with the exception of service dogs).
- Lockers are available for day use only. Please bring your own lock and keep valuables locked up while swimming.
- Swimming under the bulkheads is prohibited.
- Masks and snorkels are not allowed for open recreational swims. However, masks and snorkels are allowed for lap-swim fitness training.
- Three meter diving boards are open only to USD registered athletes with US Diving certified coaches on deck.
- Individuals such as coaches and WSI’s wishing to use the facility for instruction must reserve lanes in advance and have an approved certificate of insurance on file with the Webster Central School District.
- Cell phone use is not permitted in the locker rooms
To swim in the deep end you must demonstrate the following skills continuously without holding onto pool structures or being given other assistance:
- jump into deep water independently without holding sides of the pool
- tread water for one minute
- swim 25 yards on your front using a strong over hand stroke (no doggie paddle)
Thank you for your cooperation and enjoy your visit!