Physical and Dental Exams
NYS Education Law requires an updated physical exam (Health Appraisal/Well-Child Exam) for school attendance for students in grades K, 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 and 11 and for ALL new entrants to the district.
- Documents must be signed by the health care provider and submitted upon registration or before the school year begins.
- Documents are required by NYS within the 30 days of starting school.
- Health Appraisal forms from a health care provider's office are accepted if they contain the required information and are signed or stamped by the provider and the date of the physical exam is on or before January 30, 2021.*
- *Starting January 31, 2021, this NYS School Health Examination form will be the required form for physical exams dated on or after January 31, 2021.
- Patient Portal, MyChart, MyCare summaries are not accepted as Physical Health Exam documents.
An updated Health History Form, completed by a parent, should also be submitted with the Physical Exams.
Students who are not in compliance with this requirement will be examined by the district physician during the mandated school year.
**For help finding insurance, please refer to NYS Official Health Plan Marketplace.
NYS Education Law requests a Dental Certificate for students in grades K, 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 and 11 and for all new entrants to the district.
Release of Health Information Authorization
Communication between private and school health staff is important for safe and effective care at school. Your healthcare provider may not share certain health information with school health staff without your signed permission. Please talk to your provider about signing a consent form for the school at the time of your child’s appointment for the examination. You may also submit the district Release of Health Information Authorization form to the school health office to assist in future communication with your healthcare provider.