Classroom CelebrationsThe Webster Central School District is committed to providing a school environment that promotes and protects our students' health, well-being, and ability to learn by fostering healthy eating and physical activity. Our commitment to health and well-being for students has led to a review of practice around food consumption in school. The following guidelines for the District have been developed:
- Due to allergies and individual student needs, there will be no food sharing at any time. Classroom teachers will notify parents if there are particular foods to avoid for classroom snacks or celebrations.
- Only commercially prepared, individually packaged foods will be used. The packaging must include the original label.
- Birthday celebrations have moved toward birthday recognition through means other than the traditional food celebrations. We no longer celebrate birthdays with cakes, cookies, and other food treats at school.
- The staff will encourage the use of fruits, vegetables, and healthy dairy and nutritious grain products for classroom snacks.
- Teachers will manage the menus for holiday/special celebrations. The menus will encourage fruits, vegetables, and healthy dairy and nutritious grain products. There will be a balance of sweet treats with healthy, nutritious foods.