Willink Health Office
Susan Immesoete, RN
Office Hours: M-F 7:30a-3:30p
Phone: (585) 670-1035
Fax: (585) 670-1078
Phone: (585) 670-1036
Hours: M, T, TH 8:00a-4:00; W & F 7:30a-3:30p
Hours: M-F 8:15a - 1:00p
Phone: (585) 670-1073
IF YOUR CHILD EXHIBITS SYMPTOMS ASSOCIATED WITH COVID-19:
WCSD follows the NYSDOH and CDC guidance for return to school after students or staff members exhibit symptoms associated with COVID-19 that are new or unusual for them: fever, loss of taste or smell, persistent cough or headaches, sore throat, nasal congestion, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea. If your child is experiencing any of these symptoms, please keep them home.
They should return to school when they meet the all of the following criteria:
1. test negative for COVID-19
2. exhibit significant improvement of symptoms
3. are fever-free for at least 24 hrs without fever-reducing medication
Call the main office if you need home test kits. Consult with the school nurse if you have any questions.
IF YOUR CHILD TESTS POSITIVE FOR COVID-19:
1. Notify the school nurse immediately
2. Isolate your child at home for a minimum of 5 days after symptom onset (or positive test date if asymptomatic)
3. Your child should return to school on day 6-10* of isolation if
a. Remains fever-free for at least 24 hrs without fever-reducing medication
b. Symptoms are significantly improved or resolved
c. Able to wear a well-fitting mask over the mouth and nose through day 10
*Day "zero" is the day your child started symptoms (or tested positive if asymptomatic).
IF YOUR CHILD IS EXPOSED TO COVID-19
The NYSDOH and CDC recommend that your child:
1. Wear a well fitting mask over the mouth and nose indoors and on the bus for 10 days following exposure
2. Test for COVID-19 five days after the date of exposure or sooner if symptoms develop
3. Please notify your school nurse immediately if your child tests positive.
Thank you for following these CDC and NYSDOH School guidelines so we can keep our schools healthy!