Leaving Webster CSD
Steps for families moving outside of Webster CSD
- Inform your child(ren)’s school(s) that your family is moving outside of the district.
- Register your child(ren) in the new district as soon as possible. Records will be transferred and your child(ren) will be exited from Webster CSD when an official records request arrive for each child.
How to request an exemption
District-level administration approval is required for students who move outside of the district but who wish to complete the school year in Webster. This includes students in 11th grade who wish to graduate from Webster CSD as non-residents.
Submit a written request to your student’s principal. Exemptions are approved case-by-case and based on actual move dates. Final disposition in all cases is at the discretion of the Webster CSD Superintendent of Schools. Approvals include, but are not limited to, the following conditions:
- You must notify the district of changes in residence in a timely and good-faith manner.
- Your student(s) remain in good standing, demonstrated by stable grades, consistent attendance, and appropriate behavior.
- Your family provides on-time, daily transportation.
- Move July 1 - December 31: Students transfer to the new district.
- Move January 1 – June 30: Students may be allowed to complete the year at their current school in Webster CSD.
- Move January 1 – June 30, grade 11: Students in 11th grade may be allowed to complete high school in Webster CSD.
If your family is moving into temporary housing (ie. doubling-up, shelter, hotel/motel) due to eviction, economic hardship, or a similar reason, please contact the district registrar at email@example.com or (585) 216-0079. A determination will be made regarding your student’s eligibility for the McKinney-Vento program.