High School Course Description Book
The Course Description Book offers a number features
to help students and parents through the course selection process. Download of book available at bottom of page.
• A focus on developing your "Essential Skills"
– The book offers information about how students can build the skills necessary for success, regardless of the path that they choose.
• Connections to Career Clusters
– Every course has been connected to at least one of the 6 Career Clusters as identified by the
New York State Department of Labor
– Use this information to see how work in school can connect to future career opportunities.
– Links to the New York Career Zone website for more information on each cluster
• Live links to a variety of websites to provide more in-depth information where available
- As a way to create a more interactive reading experience QR Codes have been embedded into the Course Description book. Using your “smart phone” and a QR code reader app, you can scan the code and your web-enabled phone will be directed to a website with associated content.