WCSD Announces New Online Winter Sports Registration
Webster Central School District now offers the convenience of online, paperless sports registration through FamilyID (www.familyid.com
). FamilyID is a secure registration website that provides families with an easy, user-friendly way to register for Webster CSD’s athletic programs and helps us to be more administratively efficient and environmentally responsible. When you register through FamilyID, the website keeps track of your personal information in your FamilyID profile. You enter your personal information only once for each family member for multiple uses and multiple programs.
WEBSTER CSD WINTER SPORTS REGISTRATION
using the new FamilyID website will open on FRIDAY, October 6 (Varsity & JV sports need to be completed by Thursday, November 2 in the system).
New York State law requires that sports registrations be reviewed by a health professional within 30 days of the start of the season. *REGISTRATION FORMS ARE PROCESSED 2-3 BUSINESS DAYS AFTER SUBMISSION. IF A REGISTRATION FORM IS SUBMITTED AFTER THE DUE DATE, THE STUDENT MAY NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE ON THE FIRST DAY OF TRYOUTS. PARENTS WILL RECEIVE EMAIL CONFIRMATION OR DENIAL WHEN THE NURSE PROCESSES THE FORM. IF DENIED, THE NURSE WILL INFORM THE PARENT VIA EMAIL OF WHAT ACTIONS ARE NEEDED TO COMPLETE THE REGISTRATION.
BEFORE YOU REGISTER:
ATTENTION: MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENTS WISHING TO TRYOUT FOR A MODIFIED A TEAM (CHEERLEADING OR BASKETBALL) WILL REGISTER FOR THAT SPORT UNDER THEIR AFFILIATED HIGH SCHOOL (EITHER SCHROEDER OR THOMAS). HOWEVER, BE SURE TO LIST THEIR MIDDLE SCHOOL AS THE SCHOOL THEY ARE ATTENDING.
SIGN-UP PROCESS FOR WEBSTER CSD SPORTS PROGRAMS:
Parents/guardians may now register student athlete (s) by visiting www.familyid.com and following the provided steps:
- SPORTS PARTICIPATION ELIGIBILITY
- Students in grades 7-12 have the opportunity to participate in NYS Section V Athletics. In order to try out for a sport, the following health documents are REQUIRED to be submitted to the student’s health office prior to the beginning of the sports season, OR you may now upload your student athlete’s health documents to the FamilyID site prior to the beginning of the sports season:
- PHYSICAL EXAM
- Dated no earlier than one year prior to the start of the sports season (no extensions allowed)
- Fall sports: dated on or after August 1 of the previous year
- Winter sports: dated on or after November 1 of the previous year
- Spring sports: dated on or after March 1 of the previous year
- RAPID-ACTING RESCUE MEDICATION ORDERS
- For students who require rapid-acting rescue medications (epinephrine, inhaler, insulin, glucagon, etc.) in school and/or sports need Independent Carry and Use Medication orders for the school year
- ACTIVITY RESTRICTION CLEARANCE
- Students who are restricted from sports due to injury need to be cleared for sports participation by the restricting medical provide
At any time, you may log in at www.familyid.com
- Click on Find a Program and type in the name of your middle or high school.
- When your school appears, click on the appropriate program for which you are registering.
- Next, click on the green Register Now button and scroll, if necessary, to the Create Account/Log In green buttons. If this is your first time using FamilyID, click Create Account. Click Log In if you already have a FamilyID account.
- Create your secure FamilyID account by entering the account owner first and last names (parent/guardian), email address, and password. Select I Agree to the FamilyID Terms of Service. Click Create Account.
- You will receive an email with a link to activate your new account. (If you don’t see the email, check your email filters; spam, junk, etc.)
- Click on the link in your activation email, which will log you into FamilyID.com
- Once in the registration form, complete the information requested. All fields with a red * are required to have an answer. Please remember to put your name in the parent signature area, and your child’s name in the student signature area.
- Click the Save & Continue button when your form is complete.
- Review your registration summary.
- Click the green Submit button. After selecting Submit, the registration will be open. You will receive a completion email from FamilyID confirming your registration.
to update your information and to check your registration(s). To view a completed registration, select the Registration tab on the blue bar.
- If you need assistance with registration, please contact FamilyID at email@example.com or 888-800-5583, x1
- Support is available 7 days per week and messages will be returned promptly.