REGISTRATION FOR THE 2018-19 & 2019-20 SCHOOL YEARS
To register your student(s), complete the correct registration packet(s) (linked below) and gather all other necessary documents for each student. The packet contains instructions and provides a checklist for easy completion. When you are prepared, call Central Registration to make an appointment: (585) 216-0029.
KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION FOR THE 2019-20 SCHOOL YEAR OPENS ON FEBRUARY 26, 2019. KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATIONS ARE PROCESSED AT THE ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS. CLICK ON "REGISTRATION - 2019-20 KINDERGARTEN" FOR DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS.
Paperwork for grades 1-12 will be accepted at central registration beginning on February 26, 2019 as well. If you have a 2019-20 Kindergartener and
students in other grades, all of your students can be registered at the same time at Central Registration.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WE WILL BE MOVING INTO THE DISTRICT. WHEN CAN WE REGISTER OUR STUDENTS?
Typically, students are registered when families move into the district. However, with the following documentation, your students can be registered up to 90 days prior to residing in the Webster School District. Once you move into your new home, provide your school with proof of residency.
HOW IS SCHOOL PLACEMENT DETERMINED?
- If you are renting, obtain a letter from your landlord or the complex, on letterhead, stating the anticipated move-in date.
- If you are purchasing a home, obtain a letter from your attorney, on letterhead, stating the anticipated closing date.
- If you are sharing a home, complete the Shared Housing Affidavit (below) before your registration appointment. Notary services are free and available at Webster Central School District Administrative Offices, town halls, and banks.
- If you are building a home, request that your builder complete and submit the Builder's Certification Form (below).
Registration is based on residency. Webster Central School students attend the school assigned to their home address. Use the School Locater Tool (below) for placement information.
NOTE: Due to high enrollment or special education needs, it may be necessary to place students in district schools outside their neighborhood catchment areas. This includes students with siblings already enrolled in an elementary building. The District Registrar will discuss this policy with you if your students are affected.
WE USE DAY CARE. WHICH SCHOOL WILL OUR STUDENTS ATTEND?
For students in grades K-8 who attend day care:
Per New York State, high school students (grades 9-12) will be enrolled in and attend the school assigned to their home address.
- If your students attend a commercial day care, they will attend the school assigned to your address.
- If your students attend a private day care, they will attend the school assigned to that address.
HOW LONG BEFORE MY STUDENT CAN START SCHOOL ?
Transferring students from one district to another requires time. Placement of students receiving Special Education or English as a New Language (ENOL) services require additional time. To reduce the amount of time needed to transfer your student, register as early as possible and supply all requested documents.
WHEN WILL I HEAR FROM THE NEW SCHOOL (Spring/Summer Registrations for 2019-20)
Elementary: Teacher placement letters are mailed early in August. All elementary schools will offer an opportunity to tour the building with your student late in August.
Secondary: A current report card (and transcript for high school students) are required for schedule development. Typically, these documents are provided by the previous school district at the end of June or during the summer. If the necessary documents are provided during registration, they will be forwarded to the new building and reviewed in the spring.
Call Central Registration with any questions: (585)216-0029